Roast Duck Leg with Arugula Salad & Plum Vinaigrette
- 4 Pekin Jurgielewicz Duck Legs Add to Cart »
- 3 Sprigs Thyme
- 4 Cloves Garlic Crushed
- 1 Apple Granny Smith Cored and Wedged into Eight
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
- ⅔ Cup Vegetable Oil
- ⅓ Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Plum Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Add to Cart »
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Scallions Minced
- 1 tsp Ginger Minced
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Chinese Five Spice Powder
- ½ Cup Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 4 Bias Cut French Bread Toasted
- ½ Cup Walnuts Chopped
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in bowl and whisk to incorporate, refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Salt and pepper duck legs and place in dark baking pan in oven.
- Add thyme and garlic. Cook for 45 mins, drain excess fat, add apples and cook for an additional 15 mins.
- Remove and cover, let rest for 10 mins
- Assemble by tossing arugula with a Tbsp of vinaigrette, salt & pepper French breads, top with goat cheese.
- Place leg over salad, top with apple wedges and walnuts, drizzle with Plum vinaigrette.