Crispy Roast Duck
- 1 Whole Duck Thawed Add to Cart »
- 2.5 cups boiling water
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place duck breast side up on rack in roasting pan and slowly pour boiling water over.
- Cool, pour water from cavity into pan. Pat dry inside and out reserving water in pan.
- Salt and pepper inside and out.
- Cook 45 mins then remove from oven.
- Reduce temperature to 375°F
- Turn duck over, cook 45 mins, remove from oven.
- Turn duck over again to breast side up, drain any liquid from cavity into pan.
- Roast duck until skin is brown and crispy, approx 30 mins.
- Drain liquid from cavity into pan and let rest.